Trigger to be fired on a constraint

From: Pramod Ramachandran <pramod_at_rtimes.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 20:11:14 -0800

Hi group,

Please forgive me if this is a cross post. By mistake I posted the same message somewhere in another thread.

I have a requirement which is as follows.

I create a Java application which generates reports on basis of a user defined criteria, say generate a report, say, when "Parameter.Value >= 1000". Here Parameter is the table and Value is the field. Remember it is not the filter condition, but just a constraint for when the report is to be generated. The constraint can be any valid sql WHERE clause.

I would like to implement the same using triggers, ie fire the trigger whenever the constraint is true which is NOT based on any table, which is my real problem. I know that trigger could be only table level but not instance level. If so which would be the best solution ?

Please give suggestions.

Thanks and regards

Pramod Ramachandran Received on Fri Feb 14 2003 - 05:11:14 CET

Original text of this message