I receive corrupted data from Oracle 9i using .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle

From: Marcin Wodecki <marcin.wodecki_at_pl.apriso.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:09:49 +0100

I'm connecting to Oracle 9.2.0.1 database using .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle.

I'm receiving corrupted data after some number of rows (sometimes 600 or 900).
I tested using ODP.NET, but the effect is the same. Problem occurs on varchar2 column. On nvarchar2 problem does not exists. I created 2 databases: One with UTF8 national characterset, the second with AL16UTF16. Both have UTF8 characterset. The problem occurs only on database with UTF8 national characterset.
I tried 9.2.0.2 patchset, but no effect, the problem still occurs.

Here is the code:

OracleConnection connection = new OracleConnection(this.ConnectionString); sqlSelect = " select name1 from some_table"; OracleCommand select = new OracleCommand(sqlSelect, connection); OracleDataAdapter adapter = new OracleDataAdapter(select); adapter.Fill(ds);

Then I quickwatch dataset values. Since some row values are corrupted...

Any help welcome,

Marcin

--
Serwis Usenet w portalu Gazeta.pl -> http://www.gazeta.pl/usenet/