database shuts down

From: St. Claire <tstclaire_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 08:10:06 -0800

I would appreciate any help on this. Thought it was resolved because I made a few changes and the problem didn't occur for a few days. But it's back

History:

After a system reboot the /toracle/TAB/origlogC did not mount correctly and most of the file permissions were wrong. To resolve this, permissions were changed, mirror redo log copied into origlogC, and database was restarted. All seemed well.

Until problems with the backups.

crontab calls script to shutdown db at 1:30. ON this one particular db this script works sometimes. For the most part though it seems the db just shuts down between 2:00 and 3:30 for various reasons; ie. after hitting redo log error or another scheduled backup kicks off. Its like it totall y disregards the shutdown script.

crontab calls script to ( cold ) backup db. This works but if the shutdown script doesn't work then the backup is useless because the db is still open.

crontab calls script to startup db. This doesn't seem to be working properly either because sometimes when the DBAs come in the db is down.

These 3 scripts work without incident on all the other db's as they did prior to system reboot. Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 17:10:06 CET

Original text of this message