How to run sql scripts programmatically

From: kay c <kcollins15_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2003 11:18:38 -0800

Hi,
I have no experience with Oracle and could really use some help. I have several sql scripts that I need to run during an installation I am writting of a custom product. The install assumes Oracle 9i is installed before our product is.
I need to run these scripts to create a database, create tables, create stored procedures ect..
My installation thus far uses primarily jython to do all it files manipulation and system configuration.

Is it possible "run" these sql using jython, or any scripting language?
Or is it possible to envoke sqlplus programmatically? I would like to run these scripts in the backgound.

Thanks,
kc Received on Mon Feb 03 2003 - 20:18:38 CET

Original text of this message