consolidate databases

From: Hans Klassen <h.klassen_at_alphabit.de>
Date: 30 Jan 2003 05:29:10 -0800

Hello NG,

i need a tip.
DB 8.1.7. WinXP :-)
I must consolidate 4 instances to 2 instances. I want to make this with Exp/Imp.
I have the following problem:
i want to transfer some users and all grant, tables, indezes etc from this to a already running database. In the source db, there are just 2 tablespaces and 23 users have theirs object in this 2 tablespaces. I must transfer the users and their object to the target db, so that there is no need to modify the application that accesses the data. I can make a user export/import, but i need the grants too. I need the simplest and correct way.

Thanks in advance

Hans Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 14:29:10 CET

Original text of this message