Re: ODBC Character Translation

From: Niklas <niklas.hultberg_at_adera.se>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 01:09:02 -0800

jocave_at_yahoo.com (Justin Cave) wrote in message news:<233b7a65.0301231344.7d2a5fca_at_posting.google.com>...
> niklas.hultberg_at_adera.se (Niklas) wrote in message news:<920bdf02.0301230654.652fc997@posting.google.com>...
> > Hi!
> > When I try to duplicate a tree structure in my db, some characters
> > turn out wrong. Bulleted lists, and 'Registred Trademark'-'R's for
> > example. They become something like an upside-down question mark. I
> > have narrowed it down to the ODBC layer, but I can't seem to find any
> > info about it. Can anyone help? I think it's the parameters 'Library'
> > and 'Option' I need to change, but I don't know what to change it to.
>
> So you can insert these characters correctly when you connect via
> SQL*Plus? This ensures that your database character set supports
> them.
>
> Which ODBC driver are you using? Assuming you're using the Oracle
> driver, what are your NLS settings?
>
> Justin

Yes, I can. In fact, I copied a part of the tree structure via an asp script and the originals were all populated with these characters coorectly, but the copies got those weird signs. I'm using Oracle Provider for ODBC (don't know which version though) and all settings are default.
This means the the db itself can handle the characters, but ODBC cannot write them (or get them). Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:09:02 CET

Original text of this message