using same procedure in different database users

From: Gourav Jain <gourav_at_epatra.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 02:11:36 -0800

Hii all,
I have my database server on with i maintain the database of multiple clients, i have created the separate users for all the clients, but the database schema of all the users are same also they uses the same stored procedures to operate on the data. My problem is that i have to copy the same procedures to all the users for functionality which i dont want as when i make some changes in the procedure i'll have to make changes in the procedures of all the clients which is an useless job so i want to have the procedure at the same place where i'll be updating the changes and these procedures will be used by all the clients. for this i found the following solutions.

  1. to create the synonym But the synonym uses the data of the same user only say if A is user and P1 is procedure and when i'll call the procedure from user B it will user the tables of user A only not of B where by i want the tables of the calling user to be used.
  2. Make some system which will synchronize the procedures of all the users. But this is again not right way coz the duplication is there.

In short i need a way through which a user A can use the procedures which are of some other user but the procedure will operate on the data of A's tables only.

Please suggest
Gourav Jain
Webdunia India(P) Ltd.
India Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 11:11:36 CET

Original text of this message