Re: A newbe question about importing a dmp and creating a tablespace

From: dg <dvillalo_at_avega.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2003 13:05:24 -0800

"Guido Konsolke" <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com> wrote in message news:<1043415252.387082_at_news.thyssen.com>...
> Hi Jens,
>
> I think you have to ask the guy who gave you this file
> which version of the exp utility he used. Maybe he made
> a 9i export with the 9i exp utility. That will cause
> problems when you try to imp it into a 8i database.
>
> hth,
> Guido
>
> "Jens Fudge, Archeroft" wrote...
> > Thanks a lot
> >
> > I did succeed in creating the tablespace as well as the user.
> > Importing the dump went wrong though with the following:
> >

> > IMP-00010: invalid exportfile, could not verify header
> > IMP-00000: Import completed with errors
> >
> > (roughly translated from the danish error messages)
> >
> > Does this mean that the file I recieved was currupt, or am I doing something
> > else wrong??
> >
> > /Jens

Sounds like the export was created with a later version of the utility (i.e. the exp was done with a 9i version of exp, and you're using an 8i version of imp.). The other possibility is that the dmp file is corrupt, but I would check with the person who did the export first. Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 22:05:24 CET

Original text of this message