oracle 9ias - portal :internal server error

From: Gurmukh <sidhu_gurmukh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2003 03:04:11 -0800

hi guys,

we are having problems to come to terms with oracle 9ias. we have installed it on - win2000 professional 9ias - release2
installed infrastructure & 9ias on same machine

most of things are working ok but we get internal server error while accessing few portal utility links like create user,user profile,group profile etc. & a database problem as well.i will make myself clearer.. 1. we installed 9ias infrastructure first,which installed database as well.
2. then we installed 9ias,which again installed database . 3. when we try to connect to sql prompt via scott/tiger or system/manager of

   infrastructure database we are able to connect. 4. BUT when we try to connect to sql prompt via scott/tiger or system/manager of

   9ias database we are not able to connect.it is then that we get the error

   ORA-12560 :TNS protocol adapter error. 5. oracle home is set to 9ias directory,but even if we change it to infrastructure

   directory ,doesn't make a difference. 6. when i try to load a psp file(using loadpsp utility) i get same error ora-12560 at dos prompt.
7. in the registry there are two homes home0/home1.home0 has oracle_sid set to iasdb but home1(9ias_portal) doesn;t have a oracle_sid entry.
8. oracle_sid in registry is set to iasdb.i again set it to iasdb from dos prompt then it connects but to infrastructure database.due to which i'm not able to load and execute pl/sql forms. 9. IMPORTANT:where we need to put our jsp/plsql forms that we create(i mean in which folders???).

while i have been working on this for some time now,but not able to resolve it some how.can u tell us where we are going wrong.can anyone suggest a good book to know 9ias inside
out(installation/configuration/deployment/execution)??

regards
Gurmukh. Received on Thu Jan 23 2003 - 12:04:11 CET

Original text of this message