Re: Oracle JDBC problem

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2003 14:58:53 -0800

qwert12345_at_boxfrog.com (Doug Baroter) wrote in message news:<fc254714.0301220903.5ebda61d_at_posting.google.com>...
> Rauf,
>
> Thank you very much for the follow-up, though I've modified the
> classpath according to your suggestion and verfied setup with
> recommendation from README, same error persists; as for Oracle
> metalink, unfortunately, I'm using Oracle9i eval, so, I don't have
> account to register at the site, hence, unable to post the question
> there. Any other remedy? Thanks.

You can copy the test java code from my previous post. Compile and run and see if you get the error from there. If you do then it is driver related otherwise it may be related to your third party AS.

C:\> set classpath=ORACLE_HOME\ora92\jdbc\lib\<.zip or .jar>;%classpath%
C:\> javac Test.java
C:\> java or jview Test.class <Service name from tnsnames.ora> <sys> <password>

I used Jdk1.3.1_02 to compile and test.

Good luck
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 23:58:53 CET

Original text of this message