Re: Excel to Oracle (to Temp Table)

From: Tim Williams <saxifrax>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:25:01 -0800

Here's an example I snatched from another message

SQL = "CREATE SEQUENCE SEQ_2 INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 1 MAXVALUE 1.0E28 MINVALUE 1 NOCYCLE CACHE 20 NOORDER"  Set ThisCommand = New ADODB.Command
 Set ThisCommand.ActiveConnection = OracleConn
 ThisCommand.CommandType = adCmdText
 ThisCommand.CommandText = SQL
 ThisCommand.Execute , , adExecuteNoRecords

This is for creating a trigger, but the same process should work with your create table SQL, provided the user has the required permissions.

Once the table is created just run a bunch of insert SQL statements, one for each record to be inserted.

Tim.