Re: Oracle on NT backup via ArcServe

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 21 Jan 2003 00:26:01 -0800

loadofcr_ap_at_yahoo.com (gOD) wrote in message news:<f9cb0ef5.0301200825.4cc35d36_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> We are having an error message during the Oracle backup:
>
> Backup Error 220
> Cannot find Oracle dll
>

> Could this be because we have a missing service? On the NT server, we have:
>
> Backup Agent RPC service
> Client Agent for Arcserve
>
> No specific Oracle service though. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be one?
>
> Cheers

To use Arcserve, you need Arcserve itself, a special Arcserve oracle agent, and of course the Oracle database service runnning. The above error is not an Oracle error and you should refer to the website of Computer Associates to find out what it means exactly. From here it looks like you don't have the Oracle agent and/or you might not be running the backup process on the database server.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 09:26:01 CET

Original text of this message