Re: mod_plsql, mod_ose questions

From: Maximus <jskdfjsd_at_sdkfsdjk.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:49:42 GMT

"Frank" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:3E272A4C.60503_at_netscape.net...
> Maximus wrote:

> > I want to use PL/SQL to write a web application but I can't figure out
 how
> > maintain state with it. I have mod_plsql running but it seems to only
> > function in stateless mode, and for the life of me I can't figure out
 where
> > to find and how to install mod_ose, which is supposed to support
 stateful
> > sessions. I really want to avoid using cookies and/or hidden form
> > variables. Am I missing something or does mod_ose not exist in Oracle
 9i
> > R2??
> >

> mod__ose (2 underscores...) came/comes with the AS, not the RDBMS...
> And it's still there.
> BTW cookies and hidden fields are *very* common, as the internet *is*
> stateless by design. Beats me why you would abandon that.
>
> Frank

Could not find any reference in 9iAS rel 2 to mod_ose (or mod__ose). I would assume it is part of the Apache install but it simply isn't there. I know mod_ose was in 9iAS rel 1 but it seems to have been mysteriously dropped in release 2.

As for mainting state, cookies don't work very well with multiple sessions on the same machine, since all browser instances share the same cookie data. Using hidden fields to maintain state is an option, but I would have to code about a hundred or so hidden form fields into every page. What a *&^%&! pain. :) Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 01:49:42 CET

Original text of this message