Re: Unsupported Feature?

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2003 11:04:17 -0800

Does your table have a CLOB column which your trigger tries to insert data into? If yes, you probably hit the ORACLE bug (not a bug, according to ORALCE, even though it has a bug number assigned) #1992006.

When CLOB is invloved, ODBC driver actually changes your insert statement and try to return the "clob locator" with a "returning" cluase to the client. Since the statement is changed again by the trigger, ORALCE does not know what to return, hence the error. From SQL*PLUS, you use plain insert without the returning clause, so there is no error.

Before going any further, let's make sure that CLOB is indeed the cause of problem in your case. You can also look up this bug for more details.

  • Jusung Yang