Re: ORA-12645 Error Help

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2003 13:06:24 -0800

"CodeToad" <MayhemZero_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<GYUU9.63584$t06.3151183_at_news2.east.cox.net>...
> I am getting that error, ORA-12645, and reference to a parameter file error
> everytime I try to connect to a database at work via the Microsoft ODBC
> driver.
>
> So, I tried to do the connection via Win2k command shell, using
> sqlplus and got the exact same error. I am using copied TNSNAMES.ORA
> SQLNET.ORA files from a central file server (IFILE pointers), and I can
> tnsping
> the database servers, and other people on the network can connect using the
> same .ORA files and SQL*Net installation.
>
> Our DBA checked metalink, and the only reference it had to this error was if
> we were using some security parameters which we are not using.
>
> I even update the workstation to MDAC 2.7 and that made no difference,
> and I suspected it not since I got the error in sqlplus also.
>
> I cannot think of any other ideas to get this working, any suggestions?
>
> Desparate for some help.

FYI...You could have extracted this error info by visiting http://tahiti.oracle.com

TNS-12645 Parameter does not exist. (Displayed as ORA-12645) Cause: A SQLNET.ORA parameter from which a value was needed does not exist. Action: Set the parameter in the parameter file.

Post your Sqlnet.ora file.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Tue Jan 14 2003 - 22:06:24 CET

Original text of this message