Re: ADDRESS_LIST, CONNECT_DATA in OCILogon

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2003 11:48:01 -0800

I can't see how that will help, since he's clearly wishing to bypass the tnsnames mechanism altogether, and all the TNS_ADMIN variable does is point one to a new or different location for a tnsnames.ora file.

I find nothing in the documentation offering any connection method outside of the SQL*Net model, however I don't write enough OCI code to have come across any workarounds for database connections. Possibly someone else has some further insight into this; for now I can only say there is no other method, outside of using the tnsnames.ora file, to connect to an instance.

Of course, I could be wrong. :-)

David Fitzjarrell