Re: Beginning guide

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2002 08:49:47 -0800

smontgomerie_at_hotmail.com (Steve) wrote in message news:<156709aa.0212292039.1505495a_at_posting.google.com>...

> "Peter Chan" <peter.cch_at_lycos.com> wrote in message news:<3e0efb41_1@news.tm.net.my>...
> > I'm interested to learn Oracle, but I don't know where should I start from.
> >
> > I've listen to a few Oracle name ... Oracle 8 and Oracle 9i.
> > But I don't know what's the difference between them.
> >
> > Can anybody help me on this?
> > Can give me some brief explanation or some guide on where should I start to
> > learn it.
> > (At current point, I've learn Sybase and MS Access, I know the basic SQL
> > syntax)
> >

> > Thanks for helping.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Peter CCH

To add to above. If you have a home PC, download a free evaluation copy of Oracle from http://otn.oracle.com and load it on your machine. It's always good to have hands on practice whatever you learn from a book.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon Dec 30 2002 - 17:49:47 CET

Original text of this message