Re: How am supposed to know which init file I am using pfile or spfile?

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2002 10:00:35 -0800

The question is not that strange as you might think. Look here for more info. on this issue:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd_a97630/server.920/a96521/start.htm#5974

Especially this part:

In the platform-specific default location, Oracle locates your initialization parameter file by examining filenames in the following order:

spfile$ORACLE_SID.ora
spfile.ora
init$ORACLE_SID.ora

  • Jusung Yang