Re: What is this trying to do...

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2002 07:43:05 -0800

This "CONSTRAINT SYS_IOT_TOP_288891" is just the name of the primary key constraint created on the following line ("PRIMARY KEY (ID_COL) ENABLE VALIDATE"). If you don't specify the name that way, that name is system-generated. You can see that by looking at the table user_constraints, for CONSTRAINT_NAME = 'SYS_IOT_TOP_288891', after you ran this statement. Besides that, this SQL statement is a relatively simple one which creates an index-organized table (as can be seen with "ORGANIZATION INDEX") consisting of only one column.

HTH Daniel
OCP