Re: Multiple inserts => multiple connections

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:22:13 GMT

You have a defect in the code doing the inserts. There is no good reason to multiple connections from a client and certainly not to do all those inserts on them. (1 connection/insert ugh) A better strategy to do inserts faster would be to use the array interface and send over multiple rows to be inserted at a time.

My guess is that this is some application ported from SQLServer and it opens connections al over the place and probably commits after each one. Jim