Re: create table as <to remote database>

From: sandyb <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:29:57 +0000

Hi there,

I am using Oracle 9i. I have a properties file. To connect to the database I have the folowing information.

dbDriverName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver dbName=jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_<ip>:<port number>:<db_name> numberofdbconnections=1
dbUserId=<userId>
dbPassword=<password>
dbType=oracle

Friendly regards,
Sandy

Originally posted by kanwal_hans
> I have two database servers
> one with Oracle 9i - (users abc)
> one with Oracle 8i - (users abcd)
>
> from the 8i server i write a create table statement as
>
> create table userdata as select * from
> abc_at_oracle9.userdata.
>
> userdata is a table available in the user area abc on oracle 9i.
> I have created a tns entry with oracle9i - and is working
> successfully.
>
> but still when i issue that command is says insufficient information
> to connect to the remote database.

please help me....