Re: Audit Trail

From: Ban Spam <ban-spam_at_operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 01:43:00 GMT

stuart_at_sm1thy.fsnet.co.uk (CreativePresence) wrote in news:e7c3e3eb.0212221530.4d2f2f23_at_posting.google.com:

> Im creating a command file that prompts users to enter values that
> will be inserted into a table, of which contains Primary/Foriegn Keys.
> That part i can do, but i need to be able to be able to maintain an
> effective audit trail of all such transactions. Is this possible
> solely within SQL or would i need to delve into the relms of PL/SQL?
> What im asking, is it difficult & how can it be achieved?
> Thanks
> (UK)

NOTHING is impossible for the person who does not have to do it! DIFFICULTY is in the eye of the doer.

It certainly AS ALWAYS would have been helpful if you had shared with us which OS is being used. From "command file" I suspect Windoze.

One could write into an OS file all info you deem necessary for the "audit".

Alternatively INSERT records containing the "audit" info into an audit table of your own creation.

Lastly enable AUDIT within Oracle to automagically capture the info.

I hope you'll find one of these ideas to be acceptable.

HAND! Received on Mon Dec 23 2002 - 02:43:00 CET

Original text of this message