Re: Editor of SQLplus

From: Chris Leonard <s_p_a_m_chris_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:12:06 -0600

Issue the following statement from inside SQL*Plus (or put it in your login.sql or glogin.sql file):

    def _editor=wordpad

With wordpad, I think you might need to include the entire path, as in the following (which should all be on one line):

    def _editor="C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe"

Notice that there is a blank space between "def" and "_editor" - this is difficult to see in the font my software is using. Also, the quotes are necessary in the second example if there are "special characters" (such as blank spaces) in the path. Make sure you get the right location for Wordpad on *your* PC, of course ... no guarantee that it's installed in the same place as mine. One way to do that is to right-click the Wordpad icon and choose properties, and it will show you the correct location.

--
Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Leonard, The Database Guy