Re: Editor of SQLplus

From: Chris Leonard <s_p_a_m_chris_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:16:24 -0600

FYI, the SQLPATH environment variable defines a group of folders in which SQL*Plus will look for scripts. IE., if I run _at_myscript.sql and myscript.sql is located on the SQLPATH, then SQL*Plus will find it. Otherwise, I have to enter _at_c:\full\path\myscript.sql (or /u00/app/oracle/scripts/myscript.sql). SQLPATH is very useful, but I just wanted to point out that the use of the SQLPATH is not necessary to set the editor. You just use the def command (as mentioned in my other post).

--
Cheers,
Chris

Chris Leonard, The Database Guy