Re: Editor of SQLplus

From: Bill Reynolds <bill_reynolds_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2002 12:21:22 -0800

akoutoulakis_at_hotmail.com (arisk) wrote in message news:<e90dfa8d.0212170729.392c05fd_at_posting.google.com>...
> How to change the default editor of SQLplus ? For example i want to
> change the default editor notepad to the wordpad.
> thank you

I'll assume you're using NT, since you did not specify an OS. Here is how I do it on this godforsaken platform:

Define an environment variable called SQLPATH, and point it to a directory on your machine. Add this line to your AUTOEXEC.BAT file:

set SQLPATH=C:\docs\sql

You can also set the variable by right-clicking on My Computer, select Properties, click Advanced, click Environment Variables, click New under System Variables, and entering the above info for Variable Name and Variable Value. Easy, eh?

Drop a file in that directory called 'login.sql'. Add a line like the following:

define_editor = c:\winnt\system32\write

to target wordpad.

Incidentally, you can add other sqlplus customizations to that file as well, so you can have lines like

set pagesize 100

to bump the default pagesize from 25 to 100.

This also works under UNIX - just define SQLPATH in your environment and you're set.

HTH -Bill Received on Tue Dec 17 2002 - 21:21:22 CET

Original text of this message