Oracle 9 backup using Backupexec 8.6

From: Sharon <sharon_mccaughan_at_dell.com>
Date: 16 Dec 2002 08:29:08 -0800

Hi,

I have a customer with an Oracle 9i database which has been live for approx 2 months. He has been doing cold backups. He now wants to backup the database using BackupExec 8.6 with the Oracle agent. He is running Windows 2000 SP2. The database is in archive log mode. The problem is that a list of the tablespaces should appear in the backup selection window but it does not.
The customer has tried to reproduce the problem on two other systems. Using oracle 9i he reproduced the problem. Using Oracle 8.1.7 on his desktop it worked fine.

I sent the following link from the veritas support website to him. He has already read this doc and was already doing what the doc suggested to resolve the issue.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/191585
Any pointers or help is very much apprecitated. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sharon Received on Mon Dec 16 2002 - 17:29:08 CET

Original text of this message