Re: Oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat 8.0 libjox8.so problems

From: Hanoze <hanozee_at_homenetmail.com>
Date: 16 Dec 2002 02:14:13 -0800

Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl> wrote in message news:<3DF8F48C.9020006_at_home.nl>...
> Hanoze wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've managed to install Oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat 8.0 following the
> > installation guide located at
> > http://linuxlab.dk/fcl/technotes/ora_817_3 (a very good guide, i give
> > full credit to the author) and everything went fine except for DB
> > creation which gave me an error stating TNS: Lost Contact.
> >
> > The installation completed (DB creation failed) and then when i start
> > sqlplus with scott/tiger i get the following error :
> >
> > relocation error: /ora01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/lib/libjox8.so:
> > undefined symbol: __fixunssfdi
> > ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact
> >
> > The same error occurs on starting svrmgrl
> >
> > On reading a few messages i've realised that its some problem realted
> > to new version of glibc. (Note: I had installed compat-egcs,
> > compat-glibc and compat-libs before installing oracle)
> >
> > My previous OS version was RedHat 7.1 and on that the entire
> > installation went smoothly (as per the guide located at the url
> > mentioned above). So it makes me more confident that the error is
> > related to glibc but am yet to find a solution.
> >
> > Hoping for a solution to my problem as it would be a real waste of
> > effort if i have to revert back to RedHat 7.1
> >
> > Warm Regards
> > hanoze
>
> Get the glibc-stubs patch. And 8.1.7...

Hi frank,

thanks for the reply. As per the guide i should have got an error at 97% of the installation and then i had to install glibc-stubs patch. But i did not get any error while installation (this was the first time i ever wished i get an error), so after the installation completed i installed glibc-2.1.3-stubs but that didnt help. Any suggestions ????

Would installing 8.1.7 really solve the problem ??

thanks
hanoze Received on Mon Dec 16 2002 - 11:14:13 CET

Original text of this message