Re: Question about PL/SQL web applications and sessions

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2002 14:45:07 +1100

"Mr. Happy" <a_at_b.c> writes:

> I want to use PL/SQL and the mod_plsql gateway to make some interfaces, but
> it appears to support only stateless sessions. Is there a way to maintain
> state between client sessions, other than using cookies or hidden form
> fields?

As far as I know, cookies and hidden variables are the only way of maintaining state with any web development platform. There are some development languages/tools which abstract this and hide it from the developer to some extent, but it is still cookies or hidden variables "under the hood" as far as I know.

Do you know of any web tools or development platform which can maintain state in any other way?

Tim

--
Tim Cross