Re: ORA-12560:TNS:Protocol Adapter Error on Netware

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2002 10:51:15 -0800

This is NOT the proper way to elicit a response to your query. Multiply posting the SAME question is simply begging to be ignored. That being said ...

I'm so glad that "ORA-12560:TNS:Protocol Adapter Error" is a TRADITIONAL error. If I could be so enlightened (being a bit daft at times) which tradition would this be? I'm unable to find a reference anywhere, and I believe I'm old enough to know of most traditions ...

I've experienced this same behaviour when ORACLE_SID is not set and I attempt to invoke svrmgrl. Setting ORACLE_SID to the proper value usually corrects this. The config.ora file won't help you here since you're not seeing a problem resolving a service name, and the config.ora file does NOT set any environment, it configures Oracle Names.

Set ORACLE_SID to it's correct value (presuming it isn't already) and try svrmgr31 again.