Oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat 8.0 libjox8.so problems

From: Hanoze <hanozee_at_homenetmail.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 22:04:28 -0800

Hi,

I've managed to install Oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat 8.0 following the installation guide located at
http://linuxlab.dk/fcl/technotes/ora_817_3 (a very good guide, i give full credit to the author) and everything went fine except for DB creation which gave me an error stating TNS: Lost Contact.

The installation completed (DB creation failed) and then when i start sqlplus with scott/tiger i get the following error :

relocation error: /ora01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/lib/libjox8.so: undefined symbol: __fixunssfdi
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

The same error occurs on starting svrmgrl

On reading a few messages i've realised that its some problem realted to new version of glibc. (Note: I had installed compat-egcs, compat-glibc and compat-libs before installing oracle)

My previous OS version was RedHat 7.1 and on that the entire installation went smoothly (as per the guide located at the url mentioned above). So it makes me more confident that the error is related to glibc but am yet to find a solution.

Hoping for a solution to my problem as it would be a real waste of effort if i have to revert back to RedHat 7.1

Warm Regards
hanoze Received on Wed Dec 11 2002 - 07:04:28 CET

Original text of this message