RE: Informix/Oracle comparison on Data Storage terminology

From: Malcolm Weallans <MWEALLANS_at_lqgroup.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:52:47 -0000

Malcolm
That makes two Malcolm's who use it!

And it is probably because DBA isn't your only function. And just imagine how many Oracle systems have part-time DBAs.

I know of many sites where the Unix Admin does Informix DBA in their spare time. And most of them use onmonitor. They might use a few extra onstats occasionally, and could probably do with some extra displays, but really they don't need much more.

I never understand why Informix haven't modified onmonitor to compile it through 4Js and provide multiple versions that can be used in different ways. It's basically a 4GL forms based program.

regards

Malcolm