Re: A rant against Oracle's SQL*Plus!

From: none <none_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2002 20:45:28 -0800

Has anyone tried the "SQL Scratchpad" feature in Enterprise Manager?

Here's how to try it.

  1. Install the latest version of Enterprise Manager
  2. Connect to a database
  3. Right-click on the database and choose "SQL Scratchpad" from the menu.

SQL Scratchpad has a toad-like interface. You edit the SQL statement using the full-screen editor in the top half of the screen, and view the results in the grid in the bottom half of the screen.

Doesn't this address all the criticism about SQL*Plus?