Dynamic cursor names ?

From: flyershistory <flyershistory_at_hockeymail.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2002 06:46:09 -0800

I'm working on a project that will be converting from an ADABASE database to an ORACLE one. Fortunately all the database access is done via library routines (in Fortran).

In these library routines we have something like:

DATBASE_READ (table_name, record_structure, key_name, key_upper_limit, key_lower_limit)

If the key values are set, it is the first read, if it is not set then it is getting the next record in the set.

What I was hoping to do was to have the cursor_name = tablename + _CURSOR. So part of the code would be something like

CURSOR_NAME = TABLE_NAME // "_CURSOR"
EXEC SQL DECLARE :CURSOR_NAME CURSOR FOR STMT; Is something like this possible ? Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 15:46:09 CET

Original text of this message