Re: Problem for experts: disconnection to server

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:48:06 GMT

G.B. wrote:
> After about 30 minutes, application (Centura, Microsoft Query, SQL
> Plus...) linked to Oracle Server 8.1.7 (on AIX) in remote lan, get
> down with error ORA-03114.
> Then I close those application and restart again and it's OK.
> So, if I go away from PC for 30 minutes, when I return on PC, I must
> restart application previously opened (because that error ORA-03114).
> I have a lan splitted in 2 (172.30.x.y and 172.19.x.y), with between a
> firewall.
> But this isn't the problem: in fact, application linked to another
> server (SQL Server 7) are OK.
> Moreover, If I use application in the same LAN of server, application
> never go down with this error.
> It seems that application linked to remote Oracle Server, after about
> 30 minutes go down.
> Is there anyone that has solve that problem?
> Thank you.
> Gabriele.
Don't know if this is the problem, but...

You can set a "dead connection" timeout in Oracle (not enabled by default, but might be set on your system). Check your sqlnet.ora (default in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin) for a SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME parameter. Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 18:48:06 CET

Original text of this message