Re: Help me rebate: "One ORACLE instance allows one DB only"

From: Jay Emerson <jay5766_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:37:49 GMT

You'll have a difficult time find this in print simply because nearly all database platforms have this feature. Oracle, Informix, DB2, MS SQL,

   MySQL, PostgreSQL all allow multiple databases. It would be like looking for "can be applied to more than one wall" in the feature list on a can of paint. We basically take it for granted. This may help. The use of a database SID demonstrates the feature because if only one database were supported, why would you need a unique identifier for each database?
JE