Re: Windows or Linux

From: Tim Ashman <tashman_nospam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:52:18 GMT

Todd Parnell wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, all other things being equal, on a
> single-processor machine deploying Oracle 9iR2, would you use Windows
> 2000 or Red Hat Linux? I am trying to get responses from users who have
> tried both scenarios.
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

I'm a newbie three years running, I support an accounting application running on HP-UX. When I made the decision to purchase the HP-UX for our app I knew very little about Unix/Linux. I knew it's reputation for stablity. I figured if it never fails there isn't much to now about it.

So three years in I have had to shutdown this server all of maybe six times and 4 of them where because HP hardware failed not the OS.

My opinion go with any version of Linux/Unix, you won't be sorry. Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 01:52:18 CET

Original text of this message