Re: Looking for Authors

From: Mark <mlybarger_at_REMOVEwideopenwestME.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:30:19 -0500

>>On 13 Jun 2002 03:19:25 -0700, jm04469_at_yahoo.com (Author) wrote:
>>

>>>Our team is looking for co-authors for an upcoming book series. If you
>>>have the following attributes, please do not hesitate to contact us.
>>>
>>>1. U.S. Citizen
>>
>>Are these books going to be classified material? If there is no
>>military security involved, requiring US citizenship is most likely
>>illegal discrimination. There are many highly qualified individuals in
>>the US who are legally authorized to work and write such a book but
>>who are not US citizens.
>>
>>Of course you can demand sufficient command of the English language,
>>as well as legal authorization to work.

the law prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. in my opinion, citizenship and national origin are separate. maybe the company doesn't have the resources or desire to deal with sponsoring employment visas.

those "legally authorized" could potentially write the book from their country of citizenship, but the company isn't obligated to entertain such offers..

>>>2. Knowledge of networking, handhelds, EAI, data warehousing,
>>>security, or streaming
>>>
>>>3. Prior published book or magazine author
>>>
>>>4. Currently employed in a full-time capacity with either a Big Five
>>>Consulting firm or working for a Fortune 500 company (Not in
>>>consulting role)
>>

> I'm more puzzled by this last requirement than the US citizenry one...

i think they want to be able to put something flashy in the bios. noone is going to buy the book if it's written by Joe Javaguy who worked for a couple years at InterNetStartUps-R-Us.