Re: avoiding third party programs access to my database

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2002 12:17:30 -0800

tolgatoonja_at_yahoo.com (tolga toonja) wrote in message news:<857fe98f.0211120423.799bf26_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have an Oracle Database and a Delphi application using this database.
> I need to avoid third party programs to use or access my database.
> No other applications can use my database only my program can do.
> Is there a way to do this with oracle8i or 9i?

There are ways, but none of them are particularly foolproof. Are you trying to stop someone from accidentally firing up Access, say, and mucking around in the database or are you trying to prevent a determined hacker from doing it?

Justin Cave Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 21:17:30 CET

Original text of this message