Re: Where to publish an article?

From: Alexander Kuznetsov <Alexander.Kuznetsov_at_marshmc.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2002 11:33:28 -0800

Hi rajXesh,
> Here you are assuming that the client will remain, for the lack of a
> better word, alive, to COMMIT and release the lock. What if the client
> asks for a set of numbers and dies. Arent all the other processes
> locked out because the transaction is not committed and they cant get
> the range of values?

I think that's a very good point. It's very inconvenient and sometimes risky when you cannot COMMIT within a stored procedure. But in that environment there is no better choice yet. To my best knowledge that's not an issue with Oracle. Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 20:33:28 CET

Original text of this message