Re: How to remove starter DB?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:54:08 +0100

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 10:39:36 GMT, Harry <a_at_abc.com> wrote:

>Had to uninstall Oracle 8i standard & install 8i Enterprise (just to
>get Intermedia working)
>
>Did the full install as this has all the IM stuff enabled & works
>great. Unfortunetly the starter database is created & on my system the
>space it takes up is too much - 210mg+
>
>I've imported my old data in to new tablespaces (on a different
>partition) & would like to remove the starter db's tablespace.
>
>Q1. Is it DRSYS?
>
>Q2. If I drop it will this effect anything else? - do I have to drop
>user(s) also, if so before,after?
>
>Q3. Also noticed SYSTEM tablespace takes up 200mg+ - is there anything
>I can do with this to reduce it's size? - can't beleive it need this
>much
>
>thanks in advance
>
>harry

Q1 This is the tablespace for intermedia Q2 Please study the database concept in the Oracle Concepts Manual. If you 'drop' the database Intermedia will also be gone. You can drop individual schemas, but that won't buy you anything as the starter database doesn't have any schemas taking much space. Q3 200M is perfectably reasonable nowadays.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 16:54:08 CET

Original text of this message