Oracle to Word 2002 mail merge

From: thetinch <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 17:41:10 +0000

Hello,

I am running Oracle 8.1.7. I'm trying to make a mail merge document in MS Word 2002.

I can view all my views and tables on the Oracle server, but when trying to open the table or view, I am presented with an error message:

Record 1 contained too few data fields. Record 2 contained too few data fields. This error message appears 5 times. After I click through the error messages, I am shown the merge wizard and told to select the fields to merge, but only see M and M__1.

The merge works when I create a link table in Access.

Any info greatly appreciated!