Connection Pooling - Session Multiplexing

From: Franky <vraag_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:26:18 +0100

We use Centura 1.5.1 for the applications on a Oracle database. For the moment we still use Oracle 8.1.7.3.

On every client we now have 5 exe-progs (Centura progs) that each connect to the database, that means that we have 5 connections to the database because each exe has a seperate connection to the database. We now want to reduce the number of connections to the database.

When I was reading the Oracle documentation about connection pooling & session multiplexing, I thought that this could solve my problem.

Can anyone give me more practical information about this option? Experiences?

Thanks in advance,

Franky Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 09:26:18 CET

Original text of this message