Re: is there limit on "in operator"?

From: Apurba Kalita <apurba.kalita_at_lycos.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2002 10:04:47 -0800

Its 1000 elements.
I ran a test
customer_at_HL163DV1> ed
Wrote file afiedt.buf

  1 declare
  2 v_sql varchar2(32767) := 'select * from dual where 1 in (';   3 begin
  4 for i in 1..1000 loop
  5 v_sql := v_sql || i || ',';
  6 end loop;
  7 v_sql := v_sql || '1001' || ')';
  8 execute immediate v_sql;
  9* end;
customer_at_HL163DV1> /
declare
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01795: maximum number of expressions in a list is 1000 ORA-06512: at line 8

customer_at_HL163DV1> ed
Wrote file afiedt.buf

  1 declare
  2 v_sql varchar2(32767) := 'select * from dual where 1 in (';   3 begin
  4 for i in 1..999 loop
  5 v_sql := v_sql || i || ',';
  6 end loop;
  7 v_sql := v_sql || '1001' || ')';