Re: Memory usage

From: akhtar <ahtiwana_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2002 12:31:30 -0800

Well i can suggest you to reduce your SGA parameters, i mean shared_pool_size, buffer_pool and also if you r not using JAVA, then you can make Java Pool to minimum as well as u can reduce your large_pool. As i can understand you are using your pc for test purpose, if thats the case you can go as low as 30-60MB RAM usage and keep your test instance up. So try to make it minimum in your init*.ora file and startup your instance and test your application. If you are using this database as production or development server, then you sure need to read through all the advices mentioned above from oracle friends.

HTH...
A. Tiwana