Re: Multithreaded JDBC ORACLE apprlication problem

From: Eric Z. Beard <ericzbeard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2002 05:44:12 -0800

bonny.rais_at_siemens.com.au (Bonny Rais) wrote in message news:<bd7f7b28.0210281543.384c349b_at_posting.google.com>...
> We have a problem with an application server using multiple
> database connection, each in its own thread. The problem is described
> below. I would appreciate any assistance here.

>[...]

> Application setup:
> an application server with multiple connection threads (typical
> configuration has 4 such threads) all waiting for requests to be
> dispatched.
>[...]

> 1 conn1 issues an insert into a table and creates a new record.
> transaction committed
> 2 conn2 issues a select on the affected table but does not see the new
> record. conn2 commits
> 3 conn1 issues a select on the particular record but cannot see it.
> conn1 commits
> 4 conn4 issues a database operation on unrelated tables and commits.
> The new record is visible to all connections.
>
> More over, commit count in oracle does not increase for each of the
> first three operations,only
> on the fourth and increments by 1, not 4!

Maybe you could describe how your threads are managed. Seems to me the problem is not with the connections but with the threads - the only way this sounds possible to me is your operations are not actually happening in the order you intend, maybe 2, 3, 1, 4.

EZB Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 14:44:12 CET

Original text of this message