ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allows for this column

From: Jasna Prester <jasna.prester_at_viadukt.tel.hr>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:01:26 +0100

Hi everyone,

Probable this looks as a trivial problem to all of you but it seems huge to me. The point is that I have one table from which I want to insert sums into other. Now, the second table is the exact replica of the first, except that I enlarged all the fields so that all the sums can fit in - but - I still get the same error.

I checked the overall sum and it doesnt exceed the precision of eny field.

The SQL I'm doing it with is:

DECLARE
V_GOD VARCHAR2(4); BEGIN V_GOD:='2002'; DELETE FROM OS_TROS_GOD WHERE GODINA=V_GOD; COMMIT; INSERT INTO OS_TROS_GOD ( OS, MJESEC, GOD, "SATI VOZNJE", "SATI ZASTOJA",
"VRIJEDNOST RADA", "SATI ODRZAVANJA", "IZNOS ODRZAVANJA", "IZNOS
MATERIJALA",
"KOL GUMA", "VRIJED GUMA", "KOL NAFTE", "IZNOS NAFTE", "KOL
MAZIVA",
"IZNOS MAZIVA", "KOL ULJA", "IZNOS ULJA", AKUMULATORA, "IZNOS
AKUMULATORA",
"UKUP KM", "TROSK 3 LICA I OSTALI TROSK", AMORTIZACIJA, TONA,
KUBIK,
"KOL BENZINA", "IZNOS BENZ", INVEST, GODINA, PRAZNO, DATUM )
SELECT OS_TROSKOVI.OS, Max(OS_TROSKOVI.MJESEC) AS MaxOfMJESEC, Max(OS_TROSKOVI.GOD) AS MaxOfGOD,

            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."SATI VOZNJE") AS SV, Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."SATI ZASTOJA") AS SZ,

            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."VRIJEDNOST RADA") AS SR,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."SATI ODRZAVANJA") AS SO,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."IZNOS ODRZAVANJA") AS IO,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."IZNOS MATERIJALA") AS IM,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."KOL GUMA") AS KG,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."VRIJED GUMA") AS VG,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."KOL NAFTE") AS KN,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."IZNOS NAFTE") AS INAF,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."KOL MAZIVA") AS KM,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."IZNOS MAZIVA") AS IMA,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."KOL ULJA") AS KU,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."IZNOS ULJA") AS IU,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI.AKUMULATORA) AS SA,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."IZNOS AKUMULATORA") AS IAK,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."UKUP KM") AS UKKM,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."TROSK 3 LICA I OSTALI TROSK") AS SOT,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI.AMORTIZACIJA) AS SumOfAMORTIZACIJA,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI.TONA) AS SumOfTONA,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI.KUBIK) AS SumOfKUBIK,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."KOL BENZINA") AS KB,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI."IZNOS BENZ") AS IB,
            Sum(OS_TROSKOVI.INVEST) AS SumOfINVEST,
            Max(OS_TROSKOVI.GODINA) AS MaxOfGODINA,
            Count(OS_TROSKOVI.PRAZNO) AS CountOfPRAZNO,
            Max(OS_TROSKOVI.DATUM) AS MaxOfDATUM
FROM OS_TROSKOVI
GROUP BY OS_TROSKOVI.OS; END;
/

and the error I get is:

Input truncated to 1 characters
DECLARE
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allows for this column ORA-06512: at line 14

The Oracle database is version 8.1.7, enterprise edition.

If anyone can help with any sugestion, I would be very grateful.

Jasna Prester Received on Mon Oct 28 2002 - 12:01:26 CET

Original text of this message