ASP.NET connection fails (ORA-12154)

From: Marius Krogh <"Marius>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:40:59 GMT

Hi!
I'm developing an ASP.NET application where I've want to connect to an Oracle DB. I've installed the Oracle DB, configured the tnsnames.ora file, I'm able to connect via SQL*Plus, I can connect to the DB with the Server Explorer in VS.NET and list all tables and views. But when I try to connect to the DB with an OleDBConnection in ASP.NET I get the ORA-12154 error (saying it can't find the TNS name). The connection-string I use is the one that VS.NET generates. I've made the web page use the admin-user as the anonymous user. I've tried to put
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (none)
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION = (none)
in the sql.ora file.

So what can be wrong? I know the tnsnames.ora file is correct, I've granted read permissions to all user in the oracle directory. The oracle DB (v 8.1.6) is on the same computer as the .Net Framework. When every other appl. is able to connect to the DB why can't ASP.NET?

I hope somone out there have any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Marius Krogh Received on Mon Oct 28 2002 - 17:40:59 CET

Original text of this message