Re: Looking for Authors

From: Ken <nokia3330e_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:29:49 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Phil,

"Phil Earnhardt" <pae_at_dim.com> wrote in message news:uehoruosls10526c4r37nt87t0qilu3i7m_at_4ax.com...
> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:43:08 +0000 (UTC), "Ken"
> <nokia3330e_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> What's wrong with just sharing knowledge on the USENET newsgroup? Old
> questions can be looked up on Google's www.deja.com or in the FAQ.
Nothing, but what we have found is that peoples questions can be ambigous and not
always the correct answer.

> What's wrong with the already-existing websites like Roedy's Java
> Glossary at http://www.mindprod.com/jgloss.html
Nothing and websites like this and ours can only enhance the users experience.

> What about the Java category-driven expert website www.jguru.com ?
See above answer.

> How will you control this? How will you know who an expert is?
It will become apparent quite quickly who knows their stuff and who don't.

www.about.com is another 'google', links to other sites.

> I get HTML errors when going to the links on your site. Oops. Not a
> good start. Perhaps you're not ready to announce your website yet...
www.about.com also has these features! :-) The About Us does say it is not available yet and thus so the links are also not available yet.

Seriously Phil, I understand where you are coming from but all I can say is stay tooned.

Kind Regards,
MyInfoDrum.com
Free the information.... let it be viewed.... not hidden. Received on Sun Oct 27 2002 - 22:29:49 CET

Original text of this message