Re: 2 ORACLE_SID on 1 Unix Box

From: emerald <emerald_at_net.hr>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:43:03 +0200

It seam seams to me that you have set it up ok. I have simmilar situation on IBM AIX. On one machine I have two instances of 8.1.6 database, with only 1 listener.
Also, I have on one machine one instance of 8.1.6, and one instance of 9.2, on the same listener. So, you don't need two listeners.

> *** QUESTIONS:
>
> 1)Later when I use OEM and ADD Database to TREE for TEST DB - it gives
> following error:
> ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress
Did you start your new instance? From AIX, if you want to work with test instance, you shold be logged as user oracle, and do this

export ORACLE_SID=test

So, now you're working with thest DB.
Check it's state. Try to log on with sqlplus.

> 2) Do we need to have 2 LISTENERS - one for each DB. example in my
> case should I have LISTENER1 for GAURI and LISTENER2 for TEST?

One listener is enough.