Siebel Oracle Sync Update Issue

From: Michael Campfield <zummigummi777_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2002 06:00:58 -0700

Here is my problem. We are running Siebel E-2000, version 6.X and Oracle 8i, version 8.1.6.

We have both local and remote users using the Siebel product.

According to the proceedure that we have been using, if I want to update
a field on a few thousand records, I have to (via Siebel) extract the records I am interested in, modify them in this extracted table (via perl) and then import them back again. According to the book, if we do not do this, the remote users who sync about twice a week won't get the updates because Siebel hasn't "seen" the changes happening if I just fuddle with the Oracle DB directly.

Obviously, I would save my company and myself time/money and heartache if I can bypass the extract->modify->import phase. Is there a field that Siebel is setting that tells the remote client to update that row so that I can just set it? If so, what field is it, on what table?

Sorry if this is a very low level question, I don't get shipped to Siebel boot camp for a month or so.

Michael Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 15:00:58 CEST

Original text of this message